THE MEYER FELT by Jon Meyer Music is a Kawai BS-30 upright piano with the felts engaged for that close, intimate, personal sound. The instrument comes to life in the quietest moments.
The library was recorded with Nuemann and Coles mics and offers 3 mic perspectives, along with 4 FX options for added flexibilty.
The Meyer Felt is my Kawai BS-30 upright piano with the felts engaged for that close, intimate, personal sound. The instrument comes to life in the quietest moments. Three pairs of vintage microphones were used to capture the piano. Neumann KM-84’s provide a focused midrange.
A pair of U47 clones add width, deep lows and detailed highs. A pair of Coles 4038 Ribbon microphones on the back of the piano add mellow, round tones. The samples were processed through a fully restored vintage Roland Chorus Echo Tape Machine.
• Recorded with vintage Neumann and Coles mics
• 3 mic selections – X/Y, wide and rear
• 2 mix selections – warm and bright (natural & hyped)
• 4 FX – chorus, reverb, delay and saturation
• Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
• Free Kontakt Player NOT supported
• Recorded in 48khz / 24bit