Adventure Strings offers strong, passionate and relentlessly energetic strings with a dynamic range from very soft ppp to a thunderous fff.
The sound is extremely dry, close and controllable with a lively, energetic, aggressive and consistent tone.
Adventure Strings is the follow-up to our debut offering, Soaring Strings. Performed by the same number of players, recorded in the same room, seated in their traditional positions — both share the same performance aesthetic. Strong, passionate and relentlessly energetic.
So why another string library with the same, familiar collection of short articulations? Well, it’s how we produced them that makes it interesting.
Shorts are normally recorded in isolation — perhaps one or two notes per bar during the recording process. This makes the editing process a snap and the end result is often satisfactory. The sane choice. With Adventure Strings, we recorded repetition phrases; a quick succession of notes at a procured tempo. We then edited and programmed each note of that phrase to be playable, which resulted in a fetal position-incurring post-production process. The end result is a collection of patches that now suit the context they were designed for because, well, they were recorded that way!
In addition to the shorts (spiccatos/staccatos/pizzicatos/marcatos), we’ve included trills, tremolos, sustains, keyboard-spanning Full Strings instruments and of course, our Adventure patches.
• Violins (10), Violas (6), Cellos (5), Bass (4)
• Adventure, Staccato, Spiccato, Marcatos, Pizzicatos, Trills, Tremolos & Sustains patches
• Basses include Bartok Snap
• All Strings Ensemble Patches
• Companion library to Soaring Strings
• Recorded on a scoring stage for mixing flexibility
• Sections recorded separately in traditional seating format
• Molto expressive vibrato across the upper dynamic range
• Four dynamics of sustains (pp<fff)
• True FFF sampling
• Morph Stacking programming allows any note length to sound natural
• Adjustable Humanization control
• To Silence feature for ‘niente’ dynamic capabilities
• Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.5.1 or higher
• Free Kontakt Player NOT supported
• Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
• 2.9 GB compressed NCW format