Cinema Sound Foley Library by Impact Soundworks is the ultimate tool for custom foley performance and design, making it easy to match realistic sound effects to your visuals. Add Hollywood-level immersive audio to your film, TV & game productions with a fraction of the time & budget previously required. Created in collaboration with Cinema Sound, the world’s most comprehensive resource of audio-for-film education.
Recording your own foley takes gear, time, and practice, while buying existing foley libraries often means time wasted chopping up and editing long audio files. CSFL makes the process much easier by giving you tons of carefully-edited and categorized samples ready to perform via your MIDI controller.
How do you deliver realistic, effective, Hollywood-level foley with a limited budget and limited time? With more independent movies, games, and video productions being produced than ever, there’s more demand and higher standards for high-quality audio. How do you meet these expectations as an individual or small team?
You could perform and record everything yourself, but this painstaking process takes equipment, time, and practice. You could purchase a generic foley library, but you’ll need to spend a lot of time chopping up and re-aligning sprawling audio files… then doing it again if the video changes. Sometimes, this takes more time than just recording yourself. Back to square one.
The Cinema Sound Foley Library offers the best of both worlds. With our custom Kontakt instrument, you can quickly audition thousands of sounds in seconds, and implement them on the fly by ‘performing’ them on a MIDI keyboard.
With easy layering, keyswitching, per-sample editing, and FX – all within a single UI – editing these performances couldn’t be any easier! This has extensive advantages over other methods of foley creation and design:
1. Massive time savings in implementing and auditioning foley sounds, because they’re already collated, edited, organized, mastered, and processed for maximum punch in the mix.
2. User-friendly, versatile options for performance, with easy switching and crossfading between layers all within a single MIDI channel.
3. A huge selection of categorized sounds includes the bulk of what every production encounters: footsteps, clothing, and skin.
4. Footsteps with multiple tempi and intensities, so you can perfectly match the action on screen, as well as program each heel-toe-slide-pickup separately.
5. Easy layering of sounds to create super juicy and punchy effects, or super-ethereal ambiences, within seconds.
6. Full ADSR envelope controls to create “Distance to Camera” mixing, and all controls are automatable from your DAW.
With CSFL, you can add Hollywood-level, immersive foley to any production with a fraction of the time and budget previously required. We hope you’re able to take advantage of this in a huge way, and enhance your productions to the maximum!
The sounds themselves are only one part of our foley library. You’ll also gain a powerful mixer and modular effects rack so you can customize these foley sounds with a variety of subtle to dramatic effects. With Console, you can make subtle adjustments to tone and space, or go hyper-realistic with sounds that really punch through the mix.
You’ll find multiple EQs (digital and analog-style), compressors, spatial FX, modulation FX, amps, distortion pedals, reverbs, and a selection of over 30 custom cabinet IRs! Using Console, you can easily save and load FX chains or presets between projects or even different Console-enabled ISW instruments.
Download the Console manual here to learn more!
KONTAKT 5.7+ required