Trailer Strings by Musical Sampling is a 60-string ensemble with each section recorded separately in the same concert hall as Trailer Brass. It was recorded with the same wide/centered seating arrangement to help achieve the modern, oversized aesthetic of modern cinematic music.
The players were pushed during recording to give the most power and dynamics (FFF dynamics) resulting in a sound with size and clarity that’s specifically geared towards huge, over-the-top productions.
60-string ensemble: 18 violins, 16 violas, 14 cellos and 12 double basses recorded separately in the same concert hall as Trailer Brass. We’ve also incorporated our wide/centered seating arrangement to help achieve the modern, oversized aesthetic we were going for.
What you get is a useful array of short and long articulations, but with the size and clarity that’s specifically geared towards huge, over-the-top productions. As with the brass, we really pushed the players to give us everything they had with the triple-forte dynamic.
We’ve also included our “Adventure” patch programming for all four sections, a cool asset for on-the-fly, pompous string lines without any keyswitching.
Also included in the basses and cellos are three cluster effects patches. “Snap and Grunt” provides an arsenal of atonal snap pizzicatos, spiccatos/staccato chugs and behind-the-bridge scrapes. “The Brooding” includes subtle, low-range aleatoric meanderings (good for: “alligator sneaking up on prey”). “Behind the Bridge!” is exactly that, tremelo’d (good for: “alligator eats prey”).
Our favorite part? The “All Strings” patch, which includes all the respective articulations, spread out over the keyboard. Be prepared to waste a lot of time playing with this patch.
• Violins (18), Violas (16), Cellos (14), Bass (12)
• Adventure, Staccato, Spiccato, Marcatos & Sustains patches
• All Strings Ensemble Patches
• Cluster FX and Bartok Snap for Cellos & Basses
• Companion library to Trailer Brass
• Recorded in a large concert hall
• Sections recorded separately in centered/wide-seating format
• True FFF sampling
• Morph Stacking programming allows any note length to sound natural
• Adjustable Humanization control
• To Silence feature for ‘niente’ dynamic capabilities
• Three microphone positions: Close, Room, Mixed
• Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.5.1 or higher
• Free Kontakt Player NOT supported
• Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
• 2.4 GB compressed NCW format
[email protected] –
Got this a few years ago during a sale and have really enjoyed it. It’s a fantastic big sound and the reverb that comes with it sounds wonderful. Pair this with the Trailer Brass and you got yourself a wall of sound!